I am posting early this week. Partially because I need a break from all things "yard sale" and partially because I am worried I will not be able to get to the computer soon. Need proof????
1. The current state of our living room . . .
3. What you would see the second you walked into our front door . . .
4. To be honest, by mid week, my stress level went up. I do not belong to a gym anymore and we do not have enough room in our living room for me to do my workouts and my treadmill is blocked by this . . .
I have not worked out for the last couple of days which has not helped my stress levels.
5. Through all of this, God has shown his goodness. As I was unloading our van with yet another van-full of donations, I felt like God was saying, "MY generosity cannot be outdone."
Yep, it really cannot! I am amazed by how much we are being blessed.
6. And at the very moment I want to get cranky and complain about the state of our house, I am reminded that there is a little child, a world away and my inconvenience is Nothing compared to him, living in an orphanage, him being abandoned, him waiting for someone to call Mom.
And I think too of the women in China who are pregnant or who have given up their children. And my stress is NOTHING compared to the fear they must feel while pregnant . . . wondering if they will be taken away and forced to abort their children. It is NOTHING compared to the anguish they feel as they leave their babies on streets, just hoping they will be found and taken care of. It is NOTHING compared to the sadness they must feel, wondering if their children will get a chance at life.
Offer it up, Katie. Offer it up.
7. One request.
If you live within driving distance, come to our yard sale this Saturday! There is TONS of stuff. A couch, clothing, a brand new bike trailer, furniture, vacuums, etc, etc. Plus, my kids will be selling waters and snacks to keep everyone happy while they shop!
If you do not live close, please pray that this yard sale is a success. Not only because it will help us bring home a little one from China, but because we really need our house back :-)
Happy Friday everyone!