1. The weather has been weird here. And, I do not like to complain, but it has been HOT. We hit 90 on Wednesday!! Doesn't Mother Nature know it is just April? Of course, it has thrown off our homeschooling. The boys keep on asking me if we can go to the pool!?!? I tried to explain to them that the pool does not open for another month and a half. I think the heat is getting to them.
2. Since it has been warm, we have taken advantage of it and gone on two field trips this week!! The first was to the National Arboretum. The cherry blossoms are in bloom right now and I really wanted to see them. We have not gone to see the cherry blossoms since J was a baby. And, as much as I would love to see the blossoms near the Jefferson Memorial, I am just not a fan fighting the traffic and wading through all of the tourists in DC, so we hit the lesser know, but beautiful National Arboretum. The nice thing too, is that it is right inside to boarder of the city; so we just hop in and out. We had lots of fun and the afternoon was perfect.
3. The following day we went to Historic St. Mary's City. We try to make it to their Homeschool Day each year. I love it. St. Mary's was the first Catholic settlement in the New World and the first colony in MD. The boys had fun and were put to work on the tobacco plantation.
4. I shared this on Facebook, but did not here . . . we have designs for the Run for the Little Flowers Shirt.
Which one do you like??
5. Some more pictures from the Arboretum
6. Should I be worried?
My 4 year old spent the day on Wednesday begging me for a hammer, and nail and a pocket knife! My other two NEVER asked for those things when they were his age. When questioned as to why he wanted these items, he just replied that he had work to do outside!!
7. Because you haven't seen enough pictures already . . . .
Have a great weekend everyone!!