Thanks, Jen, for hosting
1. The next Pope?I got an email from my hubby this AM with the title "The Next Pope". It was a forward from a friend of ours that is currently in Rome. This was the picture attached . . .
Anyone want to guess who this is?? (Disclaimer: This is all in fun!)
2. I need a goal, people, please help me along!
-I can only run every other day or else I torque my back
- My hamstring is better, but I still cannot do any heavy lifting, so things like Crossfit are OUT
- I do not want a weight loss goal
I could run a 5K or maybe even a 10K, or try something totally different.
3. A book a weekWhile I cannot seem to set goals for myself in the arena of exercise, I came up with another goal for myself. I am going to read a book a week. And I will probably even write a review of each book. I am excited about this since I seem to have a little problem . . . I love to buy books. If you were to see all the books on my nightstand in the "I need to read pile," you would be shocked. I am reading Desperate right now and I really like it. It is challenging me in a lot of ways. Here's hoping I work hard to reach this goal.
4. Kids say the darndest thingsSometimes the things that come out of my boys' mouths astound me. One night at dinner, my 9 year old, said,
"I wish I were an adult already."When I asked him why, he responded,
"Because, then I could get up at 5AM and read Scripture."
Um, really? My 9 year old, who I have to drag out of bed wants to get up early and read the Bible? I was simply amazed that he would even think of that. So, I told him that, if he wants, he can do that now. He does not need to wait until he is an adult. So, we settled on 6AM. We will see if he will actually get out of bed and do it now or wait until he is an adult ;)
5. MOB SocietyI love the Mother of Boys Society and website. There are some great prayers on there for you to pray for your boys!
6. They do not make them like they used to
7. Little Flower CutenessBecause my 7 quick takes would not be complete without it!
Have a great weekend everyone!