Thanks, Jen for hosting!
1. Back to Life!The illness that overtook us on Ash Wednesday seems to finally be coming to an end. Finally. I got hit with it Monday and slept almost all day Tuesday, thanks to my loving husband. The house is still full of coughs and sniffles, we have not been to most of our normal activities yet, and the boys are still sleeping over 12 hours a night, but I am looking forward to life getting back to normal.
2. Runs come and runs goAnd because of the sickness, and me torquing my back last week Thursday during a speed workout on the treadmill, I have not run or exercised in over a week. Thankfully, I got to see my chiropractor on Wednesday, I love that lady, and my back is better. I think there may just be a run in my weekend plans!
3. Things I say in our homeschool that would NEVER be said at a normal school.In light of the fact that a student got suspended for making a "finger" gun at another student at school, I do not think my boys would make it through a week. Just this morning I was trying to get the boys to settle down and get their work done and said,
"J, you cannot bring a gun to the homeschool table!"
Yep, homeschooling boys . . .
4. Funny article about the next Pope's Name.If you have not read this article at the National Catholic Register, you totally should. It made me laugh HARD this morning. And, I totally agree with the last statement . . . any name but Peter.
5. Hope for Anna to hearI blogged about this fundraiser the other day, but today is the last day and I want to share it one more time. Gayly, over at Quilt-n-mama is hosting a fundraiser to help defray the costs of a special surgery that Anna, a precious girl adopted from China, is having in ITALY in order to restore her hearing. The shirts are super cute and there are lots of options! Go check hem out!
The front says,
"Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what He did for me. For I cried out to Him for help, praising Him as I spoke." Psalm 66:16-17
6. Sprucing up the blogAnyone notice that I am trying to spruce this place up? After neglecting it for far too long, I am trying to update this space a little. The info in the tabs will be updated, my blog list on the sidebar will be revamped. I am actually excited about it!
7. Loving the Lenten sacrificeI gave up Facebook for Lent. I still hop over there to answer messages and to post a link to my blog posts, but that is it. And you know what? I do not miss it. AT. ALL. Sure, I have probably missed some pregnancy announcements, but I am hoping people will fill me in on things like that. So, if I have missed anything earth shattering on Facebook, please leave it in the comments below!
And I know everyone has seen this (because everyone else is on Facebook), but I am ending with my favorite Cardinal!
Have a great weekend everyone!