I am not sure why it is so much easier to feel His presence and recognize His gifts on vacation, but it is. Maybe because the routine of daily life is interrupted somewhat. There is still laundry to do, meals to prepare and dishes to clean up. But these tasks feel so much less burdensome when on vacation. Suddenly coonversations with strangers, texts from neighbors are seen as what they are . . . gifts given to us in the day to remind us that HE is with us always and loves us so much.
And, so I write this vacation gifts list as a reminder that I am blessed with so many wonderful things!
- Mass at St Bede's and the pizza dinner after mass.
- Running into old friends and acquaintances miles away from home.
- The weather, It could not be more perfect for December.
- An amazing pool.
- Smiles shared with A.
- Running with J. And being able to witness him working so hard.
- My neighbors. Gosh, I am going to miss them when they move. They are a treasured gift.
- A conversation with a stranger affirming homeschooling.
- Grand Illumination. The beauty of it truly brings me to tears.
- A parking spot opening up just a we pulled into the parking lot.
- Meeting a group of Nashville Dominicans. They are a witness to God's goodness and how joyful life can be when living according to His will.
- A great workout center at the place where we are staying. Finally getting to try a rowing machine.
- A pain free run.
-a family paddle boating trip
- Nature's colors
- perfect paths
- watching boys run
- brothers who are best friends . . .
. . . but still fight! (That is what happens when they are in Blue and Gray!)
- daily mass
- marching with the fife and drum corps
- hot chocolate
- time with my husband
- cable :-)
- science projects
- a fun side trip on our way home
- my little civil war soldiers
-the boys with Santa