1. I have a good reason for posting late today. We were at the pool from 8AM until 2 PM. Yes, 6 hours! We started at the tennis courts for 2 hours worth of lessons and then headed to the pool for lessons and fun. It is hot today and the pool water was nice and refreshing. The boys had lots of fun and so did I! I bet they will fall asleep quickly tonight!
2. Olympics!! I canto wait for them to start today! I cannot wait to watch the men's and women's marathons! Go Ryan Hall!! Want to know why I like him so much? Read this article or watch the video. He calls God his coach. He is an amazing christian and he and his wife started the Steps Foundation. I really hope he medals in London. My favorite woman marathoner? Shalane Flanagan.
I have actually lost weight this week!! I am not totally surprised. I have been eating really well and my workouts are getting more intense and consistent. I could see a difference from my start photos to my 2 week photos, so overall I am pleased. The thing I love the most is that I am getting more and more muscle definition. Now, about 99% of people would not even notice a difference, but I can see a huge difference in my arms and shoulders.
4. I tried to run. Really, I did. Last Sunday I was pumped to try to run again. Ad I felt great for the first 2 miles. I could tell I had gotten stronger because I really felt like I was not putting forth much effort. Then, at about 2.5 miles into the run, my IT band started to hurt. By 3 miles, I was done and my knee and IT band were sore for the rest of the day. I guess I will not be running again for a while!
5. Summer is coming to a crashing halt. We are plunging into school full time, next week. We have been doing school several days a week most weeks, but it is time to really get back to school and have our days of summer laziness end. And I think it is best for everyone. I have noticed the that boys get into more arguments and cause more trouble when they do not have enough to do. While the lazy days of summer can be nice, I think everyone is happier when we have a routine and a set schedule.
6. Although we are staring school next week, I am not entirely ready. I still have weekly plan sheets to set for my oldest. But, I do have all of our materials, so we are pretty much ready to go!
7. Big plans coming! I am planning a fundraiser for the Little Flowers Project!! I am so excited. Please keep it in your prayers. Once I have everything finalized, I will be posting here and want to get as many people involved as possible.
Have a great weekend everyone!