1. We have a new family member in the house. His name is Harry.
sundew sent to us by my brother. A month ago, we read a chapter about carnivorous plants. Ever since then, my oldest has been begging me to get one. I texted my brother, who had the same love for carnivorous plants as a child , and still does (he has a green house with several varieties). He promptly asked if he could send my oldest one. This week this plant, along with a book called the Savage Garden arrived at our home. My son, whom I usually have to threaten in order for him to open a book and read the pages, has been pouring over his new book for days. Yesterday, all of my boys were out searching for bugs to feed this little guy. I totally do not get the fascination, but it is fun to watch!
2. For Greater Glory
Opens today. Go see it. I have to say that I pray nothing like this will come to pass in our own country, but I do wonder with the way things are going if it is not possible.
3. Kid Friendly version of For Great Glory
Holy Heroes has a Blessed Jose Glory Story CD. We own it and my boys love it. This is about a young boy who was martyred for the Faith in Mexico. It is a beautiful story and well done.
4. Run, run, where have you gone?
I am still not running. I have been working out though. Weight training and cardio. My legs have been SORE and feel like they have taken a beating due to the weight training, but it is all good! I am going to give my IT band another week before I run on it.
5. I ordered our curriculum for next year. Still loving Sonlight, so I did not even bother to look for anything else. But, I have decided that Saxon Math just does not work for us. After years of using it, we are trying something new next year. J with be using MathTacular and Teaching Textbooks and K will be using Singapore. I am excited about the change! And I am looking forward to Box Day!
6. Remember how I mentioned that the only show I watch is So You Think YOu Can Dance? I did not mention that we do not have an cable service provider or whatever they call it now. (I once told a babysitter we did not have cable and she replied, "We do not either, we have Comcast." I think I am staring to show my age!) We have an antennae that works, oh, about 80% of the time. But with FOX, it works about 50% of the time. And it did not work Wednesday. I missed the whole show. Luckily, Fox now lets you watch the episode online 8 days after the show has aired. So happy!
7. Plans for the weekend
We are going on a Park Quest!!
What are your plans??
Have a great weekend!!