1. Never say never (or at least, not again) - I said that. I said that the Shamrock Marathon would be my last. I was wrong. I had too much fun. I am fighting the urge to find another one to run next Spring. But, I promised my hubby that I won't. Right now I am thinking 2014 may be a good year to run marathon #3.
2. I cannot wear shorts for a few more weeks. I have the geekiest "runner's tan." See this picture . . .
and this picture . . .
|Check out by my ankles|
Now imagine the strange tan lines I have. Yep, no shorts for me!
3. The Spibelt
|It is hard to see, but it is that black thing around my waist under my bib.|
4. Be thankful for all the blessings-
My 5 year old woke up in the middle of the night Tuesday night and spent the whole night with a "puke bucket" (Where did my kids learn to call it that????). The only thing I kept thinking was, "Thank you Lord this is happening now and not before the marathon." God really did make sure that our trip to VA beach was perfect!
5. I mention that I ran a marathon this past Sunday at least once a day. Even if it is only to my kids. I do not think it is prideful, nor am I trying to be boastful or show off. I am just so excited that I did it!
6. I am taking it easy this week and formulating a "what's next" plan. I am working on planning workouts for the next several months.
7. And now that the marathon is done, I am making a plan for a more structured eating change around here for the whole family. I probably will not implement it until after Easter, but it is time for a change. We eat well as it is. No cereal. No crackers and processed foods. Lots of fruits and veggies. Mostly organic. But, there is still further I want to go. And further we need to go . . . after a weekend of letting the kids eat whatever because we were on vacation, I can see how it affects them and how hard it is to get them back on track (My 3 yr old is still crying for crackers because he had some while in VA beach!). I am really praying about doing the GAPS diet, or a combination of the GAPS diet along with some Paleo diet principles thrown in. I am trying to figure out what is best for our family and what we need most.
That is it! Have a great weekend everyone!