1. Our dog has gotten into the bad habit of circling the table once the boys are done with their meals. And, she has been caught, putting her front feet on the table and grabbing food off! Today, my oldest left the lunch table before he was done and came back and his plate was empty . . . Rosie struck again.
2. Last night was the first meeting of a Women's Book Club at my house. We are reading One Thousand Gifts. I had read it before, but it is one of those books I could read again and again. We had a great time and I loved hearing other's insights on the book . . so much fun.
3. I am running a 1/2 marathon this Sunday. Although I know I can transverse the distance, I am mentally NOT into this race at all and am really wondering why I signed up for it in the first place.
4. The Shamrock Marathon is in 49 days and I feel so unprepared. I had hoped to go into my second marathon with more miles and more speed under my belt, but I do not think it is going to happen. I have read Born to Run, but I doubt this girl was born to run marathons. I feel like there is a fine line, for me, between running healthy, and getting injured. And I have to keep everything in balance to run injury free. I have said this before, and I really mean it, my 26.2 shoes are done after March 18th. Of course, that may change once I cross the finish line . . .
5. Homeschooling- We are in a good groove with it right now. It consumes most of my time, but that is OK. The boys are happy and doing well, so I, too, am happy.
6. My 8 yr old has the sweetest heart!
I think everyone in my house knows that I would love a fireplace. I like the warmth, look and feel of a fireplace. Well, on one of our errands to Lowe's, I stopped to look at the gas and electric fireplaces that they had. J began to ask me lots of questions about them. He pressed me to pick my favorite. While walking through the rest of the store, he asked if Lowes had a web site. Later, at home he asked, "Is Lowe's website www dot Lowes dot com?"
Now, I did not think any of these questions were strange. He even asked me where I would put the fireplace if we got one. I told him that that was the problem, we have NO room for something like that. Well, later, after dinner, J looked at me and said "Mom, if we had enough room, I was going to buy you a fireplace with my money in the bank."
I teared up. The boy is so sweet. Later, my hubby even said that J asked him to wake him up once I went to bed, so that he could show my hubby, on the computer, what he wanted to buy me. I love that boy!
7. I have absolutely nothing else!
Have a great weekend everyone!