1. Busy, Busy, BusyAs you can tell I have not blogged much lately. Between trying to get our kitchen remodel wrapped up so it can start, getting ready to start homeschooling again, reading and praying about adoption, and running, I have not had much time to write. The days have been busy with fun and other things and computer time has been limited.
2. Running and matters of the heart . . .I have not been running as much as I would like lately. I am going slower and at reduced mileage. With experiencing chest pains while running, I have been nervous to push it. My echo cardiogram came back clear and a sports massage therapist I have been seeing is pretty convinced that it is a muscular injury of some sort. But running still makes me nervous. I ran 5 miles yesterday and started to have chest pains. As I started to correct my form, I did notice that I was hunching my back horribly. Which can totally explain why I get upper back and shoulder and chest pain and my breathing is off. Even with that said, since nothing is getting better, I am going to schedule the stress test that my Dr mentioned. I really want to rule out a heart issue for good.
3. Marathon???I should be training for the Marine Corps Marathon. It looks like it may not happen this year. I am hoping it can, but leaving it all up to God.
4. AdoptionI think I am praying for the intercession of more saints right now that I ever have before. St Thomas Moore . . . . patron St of Adoption. St Francis Xavier . . . Patron St of China. And the list goes on.
We had put pursuing adoption on permanent hold until the other week when my husband came home from a Holy Hour and said we should start the process. Now, we are just seeking His will for where to adopt from. I really wanted to adopt from Ethiopia, but there are so many changes and issues going on with adoptions there right now, that we do not think this is the right time.
And, although, I never would have considered China before, after seeking out information on a little boy on the waiting child list, my heart has been opened to the possibility. Hence the Novena to St Francis Xavier.
5.We will not be starting the adoption process until my hubby is done with his dissertation. After 7 years of course work, reading and writing, he is almost done. Revisions are done and there have been copies of the several hundred paged document lying around the house. I guess I will be calling him Doctor pretty soon! I am so proud of him.
6.Speaking of my hubby . . . it looks like he will probably get to go to ROME for work! I am so excited for him. Since neither of us have been there before, I have already told him that he must take tons of pictures!
7. The kitchen remodelIt has been more stressful than enjoyable. We have one more contractor coming to the house in about an hour. After that, final decisions will be made. I will be honest, the reality of spending that much money is starting to get to me. And although, we have saved up money specifically for this project, I have seriously thought of just forgetting the whole project and living with our 60's kitchen for a bit longer. But, I know I will just love to have the kitchen done, so I am sure we will go through with it. Hopefully, we will have the project started and done in the month of September.
Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks Jen, at the Conversion Diary for hosting!