1. I am not mentioning this again for shameless self-promotion, but because I think it is a great video and everyone should watch it. The USCCB's Defense of Marriage Initiative has released the video "Made for Life" that my husband and I helped with a year ago. I feel blessed to have been able to be a part of this project. If you have 10 min, go watch it! My husband and I are the first couple interviewed on the video.
2. Remember last week I mentioned that I was going to potty train A? Well, I dropped it completely. Instead, I transitioned him to a toddler bed. It is the first time in 5 years that we have not had a crib up in the house. A is doing great in the toddler bed. I just tell him he has to stay in the bed during naps and at night and he does!!
3. Not only has A started to sleep in a toddler bed, but he is now sharing a room with K and J had a new room by himself. J likes to read at night and he needed his own space to do that so as not to disturb his sleeping brothers.
4. This is our last quiet week before the month of non-stop activity begins. Next week is cub scout day camp, followed by a week of Vacation Bible School and then two weeks of swim and tennis lessons. I am already tired thinking about it all!! Can I schedule a vacation for mid July, please?
5. Just a few more hours left and I will have survived my husband's longest time away for work. It was not as hard as I had thought it would be. The boys were good and we spent a lot of time running errands, going to mass, seeing friends, and just having fun. I enjoyed the week, but am so glad my hubby will be home soon!
6. Speaking of my hubby travelling, he has been asked to attend a catechetical conference at Franciscan University in July and I may drive up to join him at the end of the conference. After getting texts from friends who were on Steubenville's campus this past weekend, I started to get nostalgic. I miss the masses, praise and worship holy hours and FOPs! I want to see good old Steubie U again!
7. Almost made it through week 1of No Sugar. I really do feel great. And, I am LOVING my workouts!! I will share more on those next week.
Have a great weekend everyone!