1. We started co-op up again today since our long winter break. I am not sure what it is about co-op, but it wears me out!! I think I need a nap.
2. My son is a cub scout and next week is the pine wood derby. For those who do not know what that is; each boy makes a car and it is raced down a track. The fastest car wins. Well, today, after co-op, we went to the scouting store to get paint and weights for the car. They had a lot of special tools to sand the wheels, etc, etc to make the car go faster. This is our first pine wood derby and I have a bad feeling that there is much more to it than making a wood car and racing it down a track.
3. We have had some exciting news around here the last week. I will share it when it has been officially announced. And, no, I am not pregnant.
4. But, on the topic of babies. I have not shared this yet, but we are seriously looking at and trying to start the process of adoption. A longer post on that another time. But, please pray for us. There are lots of decisions to make. It is overwhelming.
5. The National Marathon is in 42 days.
6. And, I think I am certifiable. I have not even run my first marathon yet and I am already signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon as a part of the Run for Vocations Team. This year the Archdiocese of Washington had to cut their charity team from 50 marathoners to only 25. I got an email about this yesterday stating that the spots were going to be on a first come, first serve basis. And so I replied immediately and said, yes, I want one of those 25 spots!
7. Homeschoolng is going really well. I have a post scheduled that is about homeschooling. But, I think we have turned another corner. J is doing most of his work without complaining. He spends his morning reading. And he is even reading to his brothers without being asked. This morning he read Green Eggs and Ham to K and A. It was adorable.
And I am adding another . . .
8. I am up to 100 followers!! I think I need to do a giveaway to celebrate! Maybe next week.
Check out Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes.
Have a great weekend everyone!