1. I woke up at 4 AM on Wednesday to get ready to meet one on my Personal Training clients and I promplty realized I was SICK! I texted her and went back to bed. I did not move from the bed or couch for most of the day.
2. And because I was sick Wednesday, I missed two of my training runs this week. Normally, that would stress me out, but I was a little less worried about it. After running 18 miles for my long run this past weekend, I realized that I will be fine running the marathon.
3. I think one of the reasons I got sick was because of all of my running. I have been running A lot. I ran 108 miles in January. And I have gotten into a bad habit of running in the evenings. Which means, I am too wired to go to bed early. So, I have not gotten enough sleep. And I have not been eating as healthy as I normally do. It all adds up to one run down Katie.
4. Speaking of eating, I have been eating tons lately. I am constantly hungry. I can see why people who run one marathon end up running more. It is because your appetitie increases so much to support all of that running and if you stop running, and continue to eat as much food as you did while training for the marathon, you will gain a lot of weight! But seriously, next week, I need to get back to my clean eating ways!
5. The boys did not do school on Wednesday because I was sick. And, because of that one day off, Thursday was miserable. J ended up doing school until 4 PM! I had to laugh at him though. As he was doing a math worksheet, he would moan after each problem!!
6. I may be slightly insane for saying this, but I am sad that we missed out on all the snow that so much of the country got. We have some snow on the ground, but I was really hoping for more.
7. I think we are in need to a field trip soon. Maybe the National Building Museum or Mount Vernon.
Want to read more 7 Quick Takes? Head on over to Conversion Diary.