1. We cannot seem to get rid of the stomach bug in our house. It is a strange one. All the boys have had it and my hubby and I have been lucky enough to avoid it. All of the boys have gotten sick once and then act perfectly normal and feel fine. A less than 24 hour bug. But, last night, a week after it started, my 4 year old woke up in the middle of the night and got sick again. This morning he is acting like nothing happened. I am just hoping we are not at the start of a round #2.
2. I have not felt like blogging much lately. It has been low on my priority list. I have things I want to write about, but have not had the time to do so.
3. Homeschooling is going really well. I think it is partly because I am really working to put my "ideal day" into place. The boys and I have worked hard and have had fun. I do not like to play board games, but I have been pulling them out a lot over the last week. The boys love it. We have been playing educational games, so I count it as "school" too!
4. My "ideal" days have not been really ideal. Because of #1, I started this week with poor sleep. Which means, I had not gotten up as early as I would like. And, all it takes is one day of working out in the evening instead of the morning, and I am pretty much in the same routine for the rest of the week. I am hoping that I can get more on track with that next week.
5. Personal Training. I have not talked much about it since I got my certification. Well, I have a few clients and I am really enjoying it. It is fun to challenge people beyond their own limitations. It gets me out of the house a little bit and I feel like I am helping others.
6. I had my first physical therapy appointment this week and I left it feeling very hopeful. The PT was very hopeful that it should only take a few minor exercises to eliminate my shin splints from reoccurring. I have been able to run without much trouble for the past week. I am getting nervous .. . the National marathon is only 70 days away! And I feel that I am actually going to be able to run it! YIKES!
7. I am feeling very blessed lately. I have an amazing husband who is wonderful beyond belief. I have great kids and a good life! I think I am just noticing the blessings more and more each day. It is wonderful to open my eyes to the blessings that God given me instead of focusing on what I lack (which has been a bad habit of mine). The days are more peaceful and I sense HIS presence more.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Go to Conversion Diary to read more 7 Quick Takes.