1. 2 out of 3 kiddos are sick. Fever, stomach bug. The house is quiet because currently all my children are napping! I hope they feel better soon. I love looking at them while they are sleeping, but I hate to see them sick.
2. And since they are sick, I went to co-op by myself today. It was weird. I had to teach the art class and then came home. I felt like I did not belong because my boys weren't with me.
3. Luckily, J did not get sick until today, so he was able to go to his Cub Scouts meeting last night. He just started Cub Scouts this year and he LOVES it. My hubby took him to the meeting, so J spent an hour telling me all about it when he got home. He got his first badge and two belt loops last night . . . he is so proud! (And I am proud of him too!)National marathon. (But who's counting anyways?)
5. Speaking of first marathons, I read this post at Endurance Isn't Only Physical earlier this week. It made me VERY nervous to run a marathon. I give her credit for finishing. (As an addition: After discussing this with a FB friend, I feel I need to add: I would have stopped. I would not want to risk further injury just so I could finish. I love running too much to do something that could prevent me from running, potentially, forever. What would you have done?)
6. One thing I love about running is that there are so many different types of people who do it. It proves that really anyone can run, if they put their mind to it. I really liked this post by 26.2 is My Cooldown on running and body image. And I loved this old Nike ad that he included with the post!
7. And, last, but certainly, not least, my hubby turns 40 next week! I had so many ideas and plans. A few, since he has to work and his birthday's close proximity to Thanksgiving, had to be delayed. Another is planned for this Sunday . . . I just hope everyone is healthy so we can actually do it!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Go to Conversion Diary to share you 7 Quick Takes!