1. Where did the week go??? Oh, yes, it was a busy week and it just flew by!
2. We have done two field trips in 7 days. First, last Friday, we went to Ft. Washington. Because it was a fort, of course, the boys loved it! I have great pictures and should write a post about it if I have time. But, for all those in the DC area: Do Not Go! The kids may think it is great, if they are young, but there was trash all over and many areas in which young children could get hurt.
And yesterday, we went to the Maryland Science Center. Fun!
3. It has been two weeks since I passed my Personal Trainer Cert. exam. Last week I sat in on a few training sessions and this week I trained a few people (with supervision). I was SOOOOOO nervous and 2 out of 3 of the sessions did not go as well as I would have liked, but the trainer who is training me said all was great. Soon I will be flying solo with my own client!
4. I will not be "tri"ing it . . . I went to register for the triathlon and it is sold out.
5. And, it looks like I will not be running a half marathon this fall. The two I wanted to run are full and another one conflicts with my hubby's work schedule. I am trying not to plan too far ahead (or get my hopes up), but I would really like to run the National Marathon in March.
6. I am not sure if those of you who read this post I wrote on homeschooling began praying for me and my one son after, but, literally, days after I wrote that post, J began to read so much better! There has been such a difference in his reading that even my husband has remarked about it! I am thankful. J's sudden leap in reading ability has decreased his resistance to school and eased some of the homeschool stress in our home.
7. And, in case you have forgotten . . . . I am giving away a "Hail Marys aren't just for football" tee. Go enter!
Check out other 7 Quick Takes at the Conversion Diary.