2. We have been homeshooling for two weeks now. I wish I could say it has been blissfully easy. But, we have had more good days than bad and we are getting into a good routine. So far so good!
3. The date is set! Sept. 10th (this Friday). I will be taking my Personal Training exam! I have been studying harder in the last few weeks since I have registered for the exam than I had for the previous 4 months! The boys have enjoyed it since they have had afternoon movie time so that the house would be quiet and I could study. If you think of it, please say a prayer that I pass!
4. I am injured. Again. I strained my peroneal tendon. It happened because I decided to change my running route and go a new and adventuresome way. Well, unfortunately, due to the high volume of traffic, I had to hop on and off the curb and run on the grass and then hop off and back to the road. Well, at some point during all of that hopping, I strained the tendon. After a week of mild pain and fearing a heel stress fracture (since my stress fracture back in Jan, I have become a stress fracture hypochondriac!), I went to the sports Dr today and found out that it was a strained tendon. I was thrilled and told the Dr that I was so happy that it was not a stress fracture. She looked at me and said, "A strained tendon is not something to be happy about. It is pretty serious." I do know that it is, but I am prefectly OK with that!
5. I am not musically inclined . . . at all! But, this non-musically inclined mom now has to teach her eager son how to play the fife!! Thanks to some reenactors we met over the weekend, I have been able to find some great instruction books on learning the fife. Luckily the instruction book came with a companion CD so that we (J and I) can learn to match notes, etc. Hopefully, by the end of the year J and I will be able to play "Yankee Doodle."
6. We went to another re-enactment this past weekend. This one was in our hometown. The boys, as always, loved it!
7. And, I am going to have a giveaway at the end of next week!! I got mine today and I cannot wait to share one with one of you!!