1. I had a great Mother's Day. My parents were in town and it was so nice to spend Mother's Day with my mom. It has been years since that has happened! And, I am officially a running geek! This is what my family got me for Mother's Day . . .
The Garmin ForeRunner 305. It calculates your mileage, your pace and is a heart rate monitor. It is great for running, but it so big, you would not wear it at any other time.
2. But, unfortunately, I have not taken my new lovely toy out of its box yet, I am injured . . . again . . . and will not run until after the 25th when I see an ankle specialist . . . don't ask . . .
3. And, because of my newest running injury, and the prompting of a few friends, I am seriously considering trying barefoot running. I have done a good amount of reading on it over the last few weeks, and I am pretty convinced that this may help reduce injuries, and just be better overall for your body. Last night I watched the following video. It was enough to convince me that I need to change my running form. (OK, I am having issues with copying embed codes today . . . the videos, in case anyone is remotely interested, will be posted in other posts.)
4. Bathing Suit Season! Ack! The thought of it makes me nervous. And thanks to my bloggy friend, Colleen, I am thinking about it more and trying to find a bathing suit I like. Our family belongs to one of the local community pools and we LIVE at the pool in the summer. So, a bathing suit is a necessity. Is that a difficult task for everyone or just me?? I am beginning to wonder if I am just very picky when it comes to bathing suits. My favorite type: a two piece, halter top v-neck tankini with a swim skirt. The V-neck cannot "plunge" too much. It cannot cost more than most of the clothes in my wardrobe. Oh, and no wacky prints! (I would add a photo of one, if I had found one yet, but I have not had much luck so far . . . I will let you know when I do.)
What is your favorite type of bathing suit?
5. I have given the boys the morning off from school. I had heard there would be storms today and since the morning was so nice, I decided to let the boys play first so that they did not get couped up in the house all day. It is 12 Noon now and the sun is still shining brightly with no storm clouds in sight . . . I am beginning to think my plan was flawed!
6. I sent K, my three year old, out early this AM to shut up the sand box before the storm, mentioned in #5, came and flooded the sand box. As he was closing it, I looked out the window and was struck by the thought that he is NOT a toddler anymore. He is a little boy. And I turned around and watched my youngest sitting, eating, at the kitchen table. And, my youngest, my baby A, is no longer a baby . . . he is a toddler. Where is the time going? They are growing up too fast!
7. My husband and I are a mentor couple at our parish for engaged couples preparing for marriage. We got assigned our first couple and have been meeting with them the last few weeks. I have really enjoyed it. The couple is great, but the thing I did not expect is that I am in awe of my husband and the gift he has working with couples. I knew he was good at it, but he is amazing at it. It is a wonderful experience because I often get down about his job; its strange hours and low pay. But, seeing him in action reminded me that he is in a job that fits his talents perfectly (He works for the diocese in family life). And, that I am married to a talented, amazing man!